Saturday, December 16, 2017

Reset

by Stephanie Zak
  
It seems that the squeakiest wheels always get the grease.
Yet, listening in stillness is what ultimately brings peace.

It seems that above average success is what’s considered best.
Yet, much of what is aimed for won’t matter at that final test.

It seems society’s goal is to achieve the Midas Touch.
Yet, acts of kindness lead to the greatest profit; they mean so very much.

It seems success is measured by accumulating stuff.
Yet, True Success is what I need, and is more than enough.

After all, whose approval am I earning?
And will it satisfy my deep longing and yearning?

Wanting what I think others have is like holding on to an illusion.
It’s rarely what I think it is and only creates confusion.

What if I could press “reset” and honor the Strength inside?
What if my cares were in a basket and I gave them to my One True Guide?

I would know in my heart what I am meant to do.
Even though my eyes can’t see far away, I’d feel faith’s clear view.

Letting My Partner lead is my sought-after answer;
I could humbly become an angelic dancer.

Filling my heart with love is the best way to see.
Letting go and letting Him guide my steps is what will set me free.

I have the choice whether or not to take His hand.
And I can always decide when to sit and when to stand.

But grasping His Hand will strengthen my fortitude.
My path will still have twists and turns, but will be marked with gratitude.

Faith brings hope in the middle of the night.
Hope strengthens resilience. There will be morning light.

1 comment: