Sunday, August 3, 2014

What's the Point?

Ecclesiastes 12 :7 Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it.

Psalm 119:1 Happy are those whose way is blameless, who walk by the teaching of the Lord.

What is the point of the scripture above?



Oprah asks a final question to her Super Soul Sunday guests, "what do you know for sure?" 

One day I would like Oprah to ask me that questions as a guest on her show. 

And my answer is, "I know for sure that no human being made the world we live in or the means by which all was created. This is the work of an intelligent and all encompassing being that we have named God."

When I read the first scripture knowing what I know for sure, it tells me that I started with God and will return to God. Period.

The second scripture is telling me what to do with the time in-between those two events, beginning and end. Be blameless by living a life that is guided by God's teaching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment