Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Within

Dash is a 13 pound Maltese dog who is my teacher. This morning he arranged my sweaty gym clothes by digging at them and walking on them. Then he laid down and curled himself into a ball right on top of them. His nose was in my sweaty bandana. I enjoyed watching him do this and at one point he looked up at me as if asking permission to continue, and I said good boy, yes in a high pitched voice.

To me, this is the purest form of love I have experienced. This little dog wants to be so close to me that he chooses to sleep on my sweaty clothes. That, to him, is the closest he can get to me in the moment.

It made me wonder about God. Doesn't God want to be as close as possible to us? How does he do that? Scripture tells us that he dwells within us. And love is the catalyst.

1 John 4:12"No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."

                                          Dash is on my lap in this picture looking at me.
 
As I am aware of Dash's love for me, we can be aware of God's love for us. It happens in the small cracks in our day and in many different ways. I am grateful for this little teacher. He shows me how to love in a Godly way, pure and unconditional.

No comments:

Post a Comment