Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Prepare the Soul

Luke 12:19-21 Then I will say to my soul, "Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years to come; take your ease, eat, drink and be merry."' 20"But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your soul is required of you; and now who will own what you have prepared?' 21"So is the man who stores up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God."

I woke up to these words this morning 'prepare the soul'.

I ask how? How does one prepare the soul? What is involved in the preparation?
Is it a do it yourself project? 
Who do we need to support us in the process?

I walked a labyrinth yesterday.
The leader said our focus was Jesus' walk to the cross. His mission is to bring love to us.
The center of the labyrinth represented for us the foot of the cross and we were to ask a yes or no question. Then take the answer out with us as we walked out of the labyrinth.

I started the walk thinking about Jesus walking with the cross and being ridiculed and spat on along the way so he could bring love to us. What a contradiction! He was walking in love and we were beating the crap out of him.

How do I respond to love in my life?
How am I love in my life?

Then my thoughts turned to the bricks used to create the labyrinth. 
My dad was a mason. Brick his medium. I thought about him laying the brick. I wondered why some bricks are smaller than others. What purpose does that serve the design.

How do I serve those in my life?
As others passed me on the walk, I gave them blessings.

When I got to the center I was concerned about how we would all fit so I moved to one side with they hope the others took that as a sign to stand by my side. Once we were all settled the word peace came to mind. I asked as I walked out of the labyrinth how I can bring peace into my life.

Holy week is here.
We've all been on the walk of lent over the past month and a half.


To prepare our souls.

What has your walk been like?
What words come up for you?

Share with us so we can learn from your experience.


http://www.labyrinthos.net/photo_library.html

No comments:

Post a Comment